Recognition of the Educational Foundation’s Fall 2019 Michelin Golden Apple Teacher Grant Winners
September 17, 2019: Congratulations to the fall 2019 recipients of the Michelin Golden Apple Teacher Grant Awards! The Board of Trustees recognized these 11 award winners at the September 17, 2019, meeting. Fall grant awards totaled $2,744.38 and were given to 10 Lexington One schools, which will offer positively impact 1,962 students this fall.
- Carolina Springs Elementary – Kizzi S. Gibson
- Carolina Springs Middle – Nichole G. Criminger & Lindsey B. Smith
- Forts Pond Elementary – H. Lizzy Siceloff
- Lake Murray Elementary – Sarah E. Livingston
- Parenting Center of Lexington District One – Marla G. Hamilton & Chanta Zigler
- Pelion Elementary – Jennifer E. Berry
- Pelion High – Lauren C. Garner
- Red Bank Elementary – Tiffany S. West
- River Bluff High – Jennifer E. Gibbons, Amy Price
- Saxe Gotha Elementary – Megan R. Mosteller
Thanks to Michelin’s generosity, biannually the Lexington One Educational Foundation offers this grant opportunity to teachers in Lexington District One through a generous annual gift. Teachers can apply for up to $250 of support to enhance unique educational experiences for their students. The intent is not to supplement normal school supplies, but to allow for more creative learning opportunities that are not typically supported by the school supply budget.
Some of the fall projects chosen included language development for young students, strengthening reading and math skills, expanding knowledge of marine science knowledge through a field trip to the SC Aquarium, and teaching computational thinking and engineering principals through LEGO robotics.
Congratulations to each of these teachers for this accomplishment! We greatly appreciate Michelin’s continued generosity and commitment to Lexington School District One teachers and students through the company’s partnership with the Foundation!