Seventeen Michelin Golden Apple Teacher Grants Awarded for the Spring!
January 16, 2018: Biannually, the Lexington One Educational Foundation offers grant opportunities to our teachers thanks to the generosity of Michelin North America and the Lexington plants. Our teachers can apply for up to $250 of support to enhance educational experiences for their students. These allow for more creative learning opportunities that are not normally supported by the school supply budget.
We were thrilled to have the following teachers chosen to receive Micheline Golden Apple Teacher Grants for the Spring 2018 Awards:
- Carolina Springs Elementary School- Karen Able, Tamela Jett, Cara Kropinski, Karen Lowe, Nancy Oldham & Michelle Sturkie
- Forts Pond Elementary School- Helen Siceloff
- Lexington Elementary School- Michele Zee
- Lexington Elementary School- Sharon Paeth
- Lexington Technology Center- Brian Little
- Meadow Glen Elementary School- Moraima Rosario
- Meadow Glen Elementary School- Emilie Ingram
- Pelion Elementary School- Dana Boozer
- Pelion Middle School- Jessica Keisler
- Pelion Middle School- Laura Beckham, Holley Matthews & Ginger Sox
- Pleasant Hill Elementary School- Catherine Kilburn
- Pleasant Hill Elementary School- Erica Sweatman
- Pleasant Hill Elementary School- Jennifer Jones
- River Bluff High School- Keith Brayman
- Rocky Creek Elementary School- Whitney Seddon
- Saxe Gotha Elementary School- Brittani Frick
- White Knoll Elementary School- Donald Sarazen, Diana Richardson & Amanda Elliott
A few of the funded projects included creating a Special Needs Reading Center to provide a space for adapted reading and materials; providing prizes as an incentive for reading at home; and purchase of programmable robots for after school STEM classes. All of the funded projects combined will positively impact over 2,000
students in Lexington One! Please be sure to congratulate these teachers and their school administrators for this accomplishment! Everyone with the Lexington One Educational Foundation and Lexington School District One greatly appreciates Michelin’s continued generosity and commitment to our teachers and students! This amazing, 13-year partnership offers terrific educational opportunities that are only possible thanks to the continued kindness and financial support of Michelin!